Machine retrofitting as an economic alternative
Even the latest machine tools are not immune to the passing of time. However, machine retrofit counteracts the signs of aging and modernizes machine tools to improve productivity, enable new functions, and increase energy efficiency.
If the mechanics are still in good condition, but the control unit or drive is no longer state-of-the-art, machine retrofit is often much more cost effective than buying a new system. Additionally, machine retrofit will provide significant performance improvement, increased efficiency, and greater spare part availability.
BENEFITS OF MACHINES RETROFIT
- Increased productivity results from less downtime and faster processing cycles.
- Enhanced quality due to higher levels of accuracy, simple operations and programming.
- Secured long-term supply of spare parts.
- Retrofit to the latest standards including safety standards.
- Customized solutions enable control units/drives to be replaced (even from third-party manufacturers) or mechanical parts to be retrofitted as a complete package, if required.